When choosing the best FOOD STORAGE containers for your operation, it is important to compare the differences in construction and usage. The most common materials used for plastic storage containers are polyethylene, polypropylene or polycarbonate. Polycarbonate is virtually unbreakable, is non porous, stain resistant and has a temperature range of -40° to 210°F. Polyethylene and polypropylene provide some visibility, are resistant to chemicals and can withstand temps of -40° to 160°F.
- Round storage containers promote air circulation and are ideal for stirring sauces and soups making it easier to cool leftovers before refrigerating.
- Square storage containers take up about 33% less space when stored than round containers.
- Food boxes are good for storing bulk produce, meat, poultry and seafood.
- Ingredient Bins are used to store dry bulk ingredients such as flour, grain and sugar.
- Food pans allow you to store, transport and serve all in the same pan. High heat food pans work great in steam tables and are an excellent alternative to stainless steel pans.
- Food Storage Boxes
- Round Storage Containers
- Food Pans
- Ingredient Bins
- Dunnage Racks